Sunday, September 19, 2010

Post Note: Swim Across America-Baltimore

The Art of Being Supportive.

My friend, David completed his Swim Across America challenge this morning, see email forward below. I am proud of you, David. Since I could not be in Baltimore to swim, David and others, represent those of us who wish to lend support.

Being part of the champaign to raise $400,000 makes me feel like I was in the water, part of the ocean. Given that about 70 percent of our planet is covered by ocean, I use ocean as metaphore often.

What could you do to-day to be part of the ocean of support, metaphorically speaking?


---------- Forwarded message ----------
From: David Lunken
Date: Sun, Sep 19, 2010 at 11:21 AM
Subject: THANK YOU! re:Swim Across America-Baltimore
To: Amy Basic


Dear Amy

Thank you for your generous support. I completed the 3-mile swim in just over 1:32. It was a beautiful sunny day, the water was fantastic and I felt very lucky to be a part of this inaugural event.

I want you to know that every dollar raised will go directly to the Kimmel Cancer Center - over $400,000! Pretty darn amazing!

Thank you for supporting me - I am honored.

Sincerely,
David Lunken

Thank you for your support!

Click here to visit my Web page

Swim Across America, Inc., [SAA] is dedicated to raising money and awareness for cancer research, prevention and treatment through swimming- related events. With the help of hundreds of volunteers nationwide and past and current Olympians, SAA is helping find a cure for cancer through athleticism, community outreach and direct service.

 


www.swimacrossamerica.org

 

© 2010 Swim Across America · Privacy Policy · Opt-Out

No comments:

Post a Comment